1) It has been over a year since I last posted. Over.a.year...
2) My kids and I just spent almost six weeks with my family in the Panhandle of Texas. Life is slower there. We hunted for chicken eggs, studied rabbit bones, watched the sun rise and set almost every single day and saw the super moon. I skipped a treatment, for the first time in three years. I went in desperate need of rest, and upon our return home today, I feel rested.
3) My youngest is an animal lover. I am not sure where we got him.
4) Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. I like that it isn't as commercial as other holidays. I love the opportunity to be intentional in giving thanks. And, I love cranberry sauce (fresh, not canned) and pumpkin pie, and, 'gasp', green bean casserole.
5) I still want chickens and goats and now I think I would also like a donkey.
6) Being with my family for an extended period of time makes me miss my family.
7) No matter where we are, a library feels like home. We never, ever tire of books.
8) My kids 'invented' a hand held VCR. They each created a story on a strip of paper that we watched on the 'VCR', like a movie reel. They are such fun.
9) I am glad to be home with my husband. Parenting without him is hard. And he's super cute.
10) My sweet grandma broke her hip. She is 95. She had surgery yesterday afternoon and the doctor said she is healthy and has strong bones. She is bound and determined to be up and walking as soon as possible. I want to be like her when I grow up.
11) We've not had a tree since we got married. We always decorate a 6' wreath. It's gorgeous and served a purpose when we had so many littles running around, but I think this year I'd like a tree. I think it would be fun to make ornaments out of gingerbread and string popcorn and put up hundreds of strands of tinsel. Can you even still buy tinsel??
12) It is always good to be home...