Friday, February 20, 2009

Gardening 101...

This is the day we began our garden...

It's a first really, well at least a first for many, many years.  I vaguely remember planting a garden with my grandad when I was a little girl.  It seemed huge at the time.  We're not going to be quite that ambitious, but I am looking forward to some fresh herbs and veggies.  So, here are all the supplies a good gardner should need, or at least all I could bring myself to buy at Wal-Mart.  There were also some pretty cool little "greenhouse" gizmos, but I refrained.

I had a couple of great helpers...

My son, who had the job of smiling, cooing and blowing bubbles.


And my daughter, who was in charge of keeping up with the seeds.

We had such fun putting the dirt into the little containers and then adding water and the seeds. 

I certainly hope we reap a harvest...







1 comment:

  1. Ok, at least in houston, the little greenhouse thingy just makes mold. We had to throw ours out. I never thought about doing veggies in those though. Are you going to transplant them when they grow big enough then?

    ReplyDelete