Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Getting Motivated...

So, a few of the items on my list of things I'd love to do are the following...

1) Make matching pajamas for the family for Christmas. Seriously, can we say, "Cheese!!!"? Regardless, I think it would be fun and if I don't get on the ball, my boys will be old enough to say, "No way, Mom, we ARE NOT wearing matching Christmas tree jammies!".

2) Cut, roll and hot glue pages from books to make dozens and dozens of flowers that will adorn a wreath form. The finished wreath would be so, so cute! Think the hubby would mind cutting and hot gluing while we vegged on the couch in the evenings??? Hmm...

3) Applique Christmas dishtowels for, well, for Christmas. I saw some of the cutest for sale for $21 each. No, that is NOT a typo, $21, EACH. Dollar store, here I come. I can buy two flour sack thingies for $1 and some fun Christmas fabric with a 50% off coupon and voila, darling dishtowels. If you get some as a gift, act surprised!

4) Embroider and applique some onesies for the blessed abundance of new babies in my life...mary,ian,olivia,eve,micah,brooke,benjamin,ariana. For a couple of those sweet baby girls I want to do tutus and Christmas onesies. Adorable!

5) Sew a silky blanket for my baby. His brother and sister both have two, in case one needs washed of course, and he only has one. Poor little guy has to cozy a chew toy with a silky corner if his is in the wash.

6) Make wool dryer balls, for me, Mom, and my sister-in-law.

7) Read my book club book before the afternoon of book club...

8) Get up out of this chair so I can feed my children, finish the mountains of laundry, iron clothes for the love of my life, empty the trash, feed my children again, pack for a trip...well, those are things I have to do, rather than want to do, but I'd best get moving on them, or the other will always only be a dream.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have a busy holiday season planned! I have been planning to make homemade vanilla gifts for the last two years...another year that has gone by and no vanilla! :( Takes 2 months to get ready!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your list! Sounds like so much fun! I've been working on an Advent project here, but I don't think it will be done in time. boo. AND I don't think matching pjs are cheesy- that is going to be so adorable. You better post pics.

    I didn't even know you had a blog lady! :)

    ReplyDelete