Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Tuesday Twelve

1) My sweet little girl has been sick. She is on the mend, but was the sickest she has ever been. In fact, the doctor told me this morning she is borderline dehydrated...what a horrible mommy I am!!!

2) Additionally, my girl turned four. What?! I'm not sure how it happened, and not sure I like it! She's growing up so fast. What a delight she is.

3) We've planted a garden, a container garden, but a garden nonetheless. AND, my middle guy has already enjoyed the first fruits, an overripe strawberry. How we love watering everything and watching it grow.

4) My husband's sweet mother was diagnosed with Alzheimer's just after we were married, almost five years ago. She lost her battle against the dreadful disease last night. She is rejoicing with the Savior, but there is much sadness here on earth. How she will be missed!

5) I'm trying desperately to be a finisher...I'm tired to death of starting things and never getting them finished, watermelon dresses, button "P's", owl art, matching batik tees, ruffle scarves, birthday banners, and so much more. I'm going to do it. One day at a time I'm going to do it. Today, after I get some ironing out of the way, I am going to work on my batik tees. Next week a pic!

6) Speaking of finishing...check out my fabric canvas. My mantle is on it's way to being completed! Isn't that fabric fabulous?


7) And, while we're at it, speaking of fabulous...aren't my candlesticks pretty fabulous as well? Mom passed those on to me last time I was home. They were her grandmothers. I.love.them.

8) I started "Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30". I'm not shooting for ripped, but I am hoping at the end of 30 days to be healthier than I am today! It's a journey and I am hoping I will stay the course...

9) How did I do life before I had a van with doors and a back hatch that all opened with the touch of a button?!

10) I'm trying to talk my husband into selling our house and buying a motor home once he's done with school. I say let's travel the U.S. while we can...I don't know if he's game, but I've been internet shopping for the perfect home on wheels.

11) My middle son loves to play Lazarus...when I get him out of the tub at night I have to wrap him in his towel like he's a mummy so his daddy or I can say, in a really loud voice, "Lazarus, come out!" He is such a joy!!

12) Once the baby is weaned I think I may try to get a job at Starbucks...

No comments:

Post a Comment